Scot-AlZr master alloy waffle is an excellent alloy to increase thermal conductivity and grain modifying agent for aluminium and its alloys.Application
• Increases current flow upto 2.5 times than regular conductor wire. • Increases the strength of aluminium and aluminium alloy wires and rods.
• Thermal conductivity is significantly increased.
• AlZr inhibits recrystallisation and grain growth at elevated temperatures.
• AlZr enhances weldability by resisting grain coarsening in the heat sensitive zones close to welded joints.
• Reduces susceptibility to stress corrosion significantly.
• Reduces sensitivity to quenching rate from the solution temp.
• Zircon is a specified minor addition to a number of high strength wrought aluminium alloys.
Instructions for use :
1. Prepare the required alloy composition. Follow the normal fluxing and cleaning procedure as recommended.
2. After the degassing operation, add Scot-AlZr at the desired application rate temperature above 750 Deg C.
3. Degas the melt with tablet degaser or by mobile degassing unit and dross off by using small quantity of coverflux.
4. Rabble the melt to ensure homogeneity, wait suitable time then use.